Monday 22 March 2010

Project Brief Reflections

I have just read my brief for this term and have no idea what I am going to do for it. I am a little disappointed that it is a group project because of us having one last term. I realise that it is necessary in the Industry and i do work well with others, but I was hoping for a character piece just to show off my animation skills as I see fit. I guess this will form part of the DVD of our work, where I am going to especially focus in the first few weeks of term when my group project is decided.

I wish to include on the DVD:
  • more character animation
  • complex lip sync (I have decided to use a scene from the Usual Suspects and may choose a different film in addition to this)
  • character animation showing emotion (possibly part of the lip sync but also to try and convey emotion without sound)
  • walk cycles using different rigs

If I have enough spare time I would ideally like to create another 2D animated piece to show that I can use both sets of skills. I would like to improve on my walk cycle from my first year at Ravensbourne as my knowledge and skills have improved significantly since then.

Another of my key aims for the term is to make this blog more cohesive than my previous attempts, literally adding and updating as I do my work. My animations at different stages, aims for each week and my reflections of my progress will all be included this term. I am going to make sure of that.

So for the project I am going to wait until my first lesson which is tomorrow, as we had this email from our tutor Jared;

'Hello all, I've mentioned this to the 3rd years that I saw earlier today, and to
Mike and Dan. There is a possibility of second year students working on BA films and
getting credit for it for their Industry Exercises 3 unit that they have to complete
this term. I'd like those of you in 3rd year who have a clear idea of how you need
help, to come and recruit some 2nd years tomorrow (Tuesday) at 2pm in the Level 2
room. Visuals of your film project, and a clear idea of where you need help should
be enough information to get you some eager recruits...
2nd years, I expect all of you to read the brief attached to my previous mail, once
you have read that, then make up your mind if you want to help out on a BA film. If
you definitely do, or can't make up your mind, then you need to be here to hear
this. If you definitely don't want to work for a 3rd year project then fair
enough...
Jared'

I like the sound of working on the BA projects as it means our work will be showcased at the end of the year, it would also get me in touch with more students that could possibly be useful contacts in the future. Obviously it all depends on the films that they are working on and the roles that they would want me to do, as I do not want to be beraded into a job I do not want to do because I am a year lower than they are. I will think over the next couple of days and see what happens tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment